BCSO Employment Information
Click here to download employment application.
More Application Links Below
The Bradley County Sheriff’s Office accepts applications for employment. All items requested should be completed and the application returned to the sheriff’s administrative offices at 2290 Blythe Avenue on the back side of the Judicial Complex or by mail.
Basic qualifications for these positions include:
- Must not have been convicted or have plead guilty or entered a plea of Nolo Contendere to any felony charge, or to any federal or state law or city ordinance relating to force, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor, or controlled substance.
- Must not have been convicted of any misdemeanor crime of domestic violence as defined by Tennessee State law.
- Must not have been released or discharged under other than honorable conditions from any of the armed forces of the United States.
- Should be a resident of Bradley County, or establish residence within six months of employment.
- Must submit a completed application in the applicant’s own handwriting.
- Must not misstate or omit any material facts on the application since those statements are used to determine qualifications for employment.
- Applicants must, before employment, submit fingerprints for a criminal history check to be placed on file with the FBI; pass a medical examination, take a physical agility test; pass a complete background investigation; pass a polygraph exam; participate in a psychological examination; and pass a drug screen. Correction officers must secure certification by Tennessee Corrections Institute within six months following employment. Certified employees have a 12-month probationary period.
In the event an applicant is approved through the pre-employment process, they will then undergo an extensive background check (including financial), polygraph testing, drug screening, and physical and psychological examinations.
BCSO Patrol and Corrections employees are required to be residents of Bradley County, or be willing to move into the county within six months of employment.
The Bradley County Sheriff’s Office accepts applications from qualified individuals who have a desire to pursue a career in the field of law enforcement. We offer career paths in both patrol and corrections. Individuals who would like to become a part of our team are encouraged to apply. You can download the application packet from this web siite (above), fill it out, and then return it to the customer service lobby of the sheriff’s office.
We have personnel serving in the following positions:
• Correctional Facility Professional
• Certified (academy trained) first response Patrol Deputies
• Skilled experienced Investigators (Detectives)
• Civilian Clerical, Bookkeeper, Data Entry
• Maintenance, Housekeeping, Auto Mechanics
All persons seeking employment must be a high school graduate or equivalent and be at least 21 years old. Additional requirements apply to applicants for law enforcement positions certified by the Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission (POST) and correction positions certified by the Tennessee Corrections Institute (TCI).
Additional requirements are listed in the application packet.
For information, call 728-7300.
Specific benefits are outlined in section 300 of the employee handbook on Bradley County’s web site.
The Bradley County Sheriff’s Office is an equal opportunity employer.
Official BCSO Documents
Please print the document you need, complete all applicable sections, and return to the BCSO.
- Application For Employment
- Corrections Division volunteer application and instructions
- Volunteer application for all divisions except corrections
- Open Records Act – Document Request Form
- Internal Affairs Complaint Form
- Environmental Complaint Form