Our Public Safety Unit serves the citizens of Bradley County in all phases of traffic enforcement, collision investigation, public education, and collision prevention.
This specialized unit is a branch of the Patrol Division which is the first line of response to traffic accident investigations and traffic control. A variety of radar speed monitoring and other devices are utilized to enforce all state and local traffic laws.
A number of areas concentrated on include:
- Involve citizens in community traffic safety.
- Analyze the causes, locations, times, and types of accidents
- Proactively enforce traffic laws to reduce accidents through concentrated saturations.
- Maintain working relationships with other county departments, public agencies, civilian business groups, and the community.
- Provide public presentations
- Routinely train in procedural development for traffic related situations.
- Pursue funding sources to add educational enforcement for proactive collision and other traffic situations.