PUBLIC SAFETY UNIT
LT. DENNIS GOINS
Our Public Safety Unit serves the citizens of Bradley County in all phases of traffic enforcement, collision investigation, public education, and collision prevention.
This specialized unit is a branch of the Patrol Division which is the first line of response to traffic accident investigations and traffic control. A variety of radar speed monitoring and other devices are utilized to enforce all state and local traffic laws.
A number of areas concentrated on include:
- Involve citizens in community traffic safety.
- Analyze the causes, locations, times, and types of accidents
- Proactively enforce traffic laws to reduce accidents through concentrated saturations.
- Maintain working relationships with other county departments, public agencies, civilian business groups, and the community.
- Provide public presentations
- Routinely train in procedural development for traffic related situations.
- Pursue funding sources to add educational enforcement for proactive collision and other traffic situations.